[ROOT] [4.4.2] [xt1033] INDIAN MOTO G DUAL SIM !
Hello Moto G Users
i recently rooted my indian moto g dual sim [4.4.2] after 4 hours of hard work..actually it was easy..but i got very confused with different types of threads and methods..like modaco...i was unable to choose which method to use ?..should i downgrade to 4.3 bootloader or not ?
So i thought to make a new thread..And i tried to make it simple for new users.....so here it is
How to Root Moto G dual sim [indian version] which is updated to 4.4.2 ?
There are are three simple steps only
1. UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
2. FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY [I USED CWM]
3. FLASH SUPERSU
Yeah ...you don't need to downgrade your bootloader which is very risky
1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER :- i thinks its already explained well at different sites and motorola's site also [ i used this guide Moto-g-unlock-bootloader-and-rootonly for unlocking]
2. FLASHING RECOVERY-
You need 3 things
(a) motorola usb drivers [download from here ]
(b) adb drivers (download from here ]
(c) Custom recovery (download from here ] i used cwm without touch
1. install motorola usb drivers
2. extract adb drivers anywhere in your computer
3. copy recovery.img [i renamed it to only recovery] into adb tools folder
4. boot your phone into fastboot mode by pressing volume down key and pressing power key simultaneously , and then releasing power key .
5. connect your moto g to your computer through data cable
6. go into adb tools folder => while pressing shift key => right click => and click open cmd here !
7. type [fastboot flash recovery recovery.img] and press enter
DONE just press volume down and then volume up to boot into cwm
3. FLASHING SUPER SU
1. DOWNLOAD THIS FILE FROM HERE
2. PUT IT IN INTERNAL MEMORY
PROCEDURE => IN CWM =>INSTALL FROM SD CARD => CHOOSE SUPER SU => RESTART
EDIT: THINGS TO IGNORE
1. 'Mismatched partition size' AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY
2. It will ask 'root is broken' WHEN REBOOTING FROM CWM. CHOOSE YES
I recommend these apps you should install first after rooting
1. Greenify (getting awesome battery backup )
2. xposed installer
4. tinted status bar (i love this module..make your android like ios7)