The LG G3 was showcased on May 28 and until now there is no word from the company as to when the will be available to users. The release status of the LG G3 on official LG and carriers’ website still shows “coming soon” manner. Well, it’s only possible in Android that even an officially smartphone gets treated by talented developers!
Yes, one of the biggest sensations of the Android world, the LG G3 has been rooted despite the fact that it’s still not available in the market. We know the rooting tutorial we are going to share will not beyou right now but if you an buyer of this phone, keep this page bookmarked for future.
Today, we have two root toolkits that make rooting the LG G3 very easy.
Before you proceed to root you all new LG G3, here are a few preparations you need to make.
- LG USB drivers on your computer. the latest
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG G3. If you don’t know how to do it, read this.
Method 1: Root LG G3 Using IOroot
IOroot, first of these tools, does not require any introduction to LG users as it is very popular and works on a range of LG Devices including the LG Optimus G, G2, G Pro, G Pro 2, G Flex, G Pad and many others. IOroot is comaptible with Windows, Mac and Linux. The tool has just been updated and now it can root most LG G3 variants including—
- Korean G3 F400K/L/S
- International G3 D855
- AT&T G3 (D850)
- T-Mobile G3 (D851)
- Canadian G3 (LG-D852)
- Sprint G3 (LS990)
- Verizon G3 (VS985)
If you own any of the above listed LG G3 variants, you can use the IOroot tool byAutoprime and obtain root access in a matter of seconds. Now here’s are the steps:
- ioroot.zip the of IOroot and extract the zip file:
- Make sure you have installed LG on your computer and enabled USB Debugging on your phone.
- Set screen-off time of your phone to 10 minutes. You can do this in Display settings.
- Turn on Airplane mode on your device. In case you own the Verizon LG G3, use Ethernet mode instead.
- Now open the ioroot folder and double click the root.bat file.
- When the above cmd window is launched, just press a key on your keyboard.
- Wait till IOroot runs the root script and your phone reboots.
Method 2: Root LG G3 Using TowelRoot
There is another one-click, or rather one-tap root method available for the LG G3 which is not only easy but also safe to use.
Method 3: Root LG G3 Using RootTool
Thanks to jarari2 from XDA for making the one-click root tool for the G3 and hoangnovafor sharing it. You can easily root LG G3 using one-click root tool within seconds. Please note that the root tool used for obtaining root on the G3 is not new. It also works on devices like the LG G Pro and the LG G Pro 2 running Android 4.4.2.
The root tool has been tested on the Korean model of the G3 (F400K) but we have no doubt that it’ll also work on the International LG G3 (D855) without any problem. If your LG G3 has a locked , we strongly recommend not to try this tool.Now here’re the steps:
- Download the one-click root tool kit:roottool.zip
- Unzip the roottool.zip file on your desktop and open the extracted folder.
- Connect your LG G3 to computer using USB cable.
- Now double-click the Run.bat file.
- When the command window pops up, press a key on your keyboard.
- Your G3 will reboot into stock recovery mode.
- When you see the recovery screen on your phone scroll to apply update from ADBoption using the Volume Down key and press the poer button to select it.
- Then press any key on the command window. The root.zip file provided with the rooting package will be pushed to your device.
- Now return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now option.
When your phone boots up, open Play Store app on your phone and install Chainfire’s latest SuperSU app:
Your LG G3 now has root access! Now you can try some cool apps that require root and enhance your mobile experience in terms of performance and customization: